Xemacs-21.4.19 and Tex-output-view style

Hi:

   According to the documentation, if there are tex files which use
   pstricks, pst- modules or psfrag viewing should automatically produce
   the .ps file and call gv for display. Similarly, if pdflatex is run,
   the view should bring up xpdf. This seems to work for some files,
   e.g. pst-circ-doc.tex which comes with pst-circ package but not with
   test-pst.tex. A file that I produced myself also just calls up xdvi
   instead of dvips, though I am using \usepackage{pstricks} etc. What
   is the trick here?

   Thanks.

   Sebastian Canagaratna
   Department of Chemsitry