Re: Re: SATA-problems

> This line:
>
> Jul 4 12:32:11 grimreaper kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 39635095
>
> Means you may have a disk that is going bad.

I was afraid it could mean that which is why I ran Samsungs diagnostic tool that said everything was fine. I'll try running some more SMART-tests as well as the checking badblocks (however I'll use fsck.ext3 -c -c (I want to keep the data on the drive if possible).

> Try running a long smart test.
>
> smartctl -d ata /dev/sda
>
> Also, the 'real' test is to run badblocks on the partition:
>
> /usr/bin/time badblocks -b 512 -s -v -w /dev/sda
>
> Finally, what does this show?
>
> smartctl -d ata -a /dev/sda

It's a long out put so I put it on the web with the other logs:
http://web.telia.com/~u85920559/sata/smartctl-a_readout

I'll post back when I've got more information from longer SMART-tests and badblocks check.