Re: mplayer-1.0pre8 install on Sarge - howto

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 03:18:24PM +0800, amateur wrote:

> > I want to install MPlayer-1.0pre8 on Debian Sarge.
> >
> > I have downloaded .tar.bz2
> >
> > I ask you: which is the preferred way to install it on Debian:
> > whether with checkinstall or just with make install?

> I remember the README file shipped with mplayer distribution give an
> way to build debian package from source. You can check that.

In meantime I have installed
mplayer Version: 1:1.0-pre7cvs20060219-0.2sarge1

from Marillats webpage: http://www.debian-multimedia.org.

Howewer, in the README file of the downloaded version MPlayer-1.0pre8
directory there stand:
Check the new homepage for details:

      http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu

I finded in FAQ the following command that should be to execute
in the source directory of downloaded mplayer to get the debian package:

fakeroot debian/rules binary

--
Regards, Paul Csányi
http://csanyipal.info/moodle  <<<---  Moodle - Course Management System