Re: anybody knows where twisted went on sid?

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:52:18 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>Magnus Therning wrote:
>>On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:21:17 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>

>>>Twisted is gone from the last (3 july) sid upgrade:

>>>The following packages will be REMOVED
>>> libtasn1-2-dev python-twisted python2.3-twisted python2.3-twisted-lore
>>>python2.3-zopeinterface
>>>The following packages have been kept back:
>>> python-crypto python-twisted-conch python-twisted-core python-twisted-mail
>>>python-twisted-names python-twiste$
>>> python-twisted-runner python-twisted-web python-twisted-words
>>>
>>>But twistd, the daemon is still present in /usr/bin
>>>
>>>Do I just try again in "a while" (TM)?
>>It sounds like it might be due to the new Python policy. Waiting a
>>while would probably solve it :-)
>
>No doubt. I hadn't heard about the new Python policy.
>Where would one find out?
>Thanks!

The last few Debian Weekly News have had mentions of its progress. Of
course you can find answers to all your questions on the Debian Python
list.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Unreadable code,
Why would anyone use it?
Learn a better way.
     -- Geoff Kuenning's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus about Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner