Re: DNS and resolv.conf

Ok, I'm not sure if I've done this correctly, but I think it works now. I installed DCHP (already had DCHPclient), and pdns-recursor. That wasn't enough on its own, so I did a dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf, followed by ifdown & ifup. I couldn't figure out how to restart the DNS cache, as suggested in the resolvconf README, so I rebooted assuming that would do it. Now it seems to be working. The only change I can see is that the following line has been added to my resolv.conf file:

nameserver 127.0.0.1

Thanks everyone for your help - and let me know if I've screwed anything else up with the above 'fix'!

Cheers,

Tyler