Re: Etch ISOs

IraqiGeek wrote:
Hi,

I am downloading the Etch DVD ISOs so I'd have a local copy. Is there any mirror where I could download the Etch ISOs from other than cdimage.debian.org??? The downloads from this server are slow, and the third DVD image doesnt seem to be there (in the download page it states that the third DVD is 2.1GB, but it downloads less than 1MB in firefox and then stops).

Thanks,

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

Murhy's Commerce Laws: Everything can be filed under "miscellaneous".

You usually dont need all DVDs. You can download only the first 2 CDs, you should have everything you need for a desktop install. Better, if you have access to a fast internet, you can download as you install, and also choose a mirror near your place, they are usually faster.
You can have to a list of all mirrors here:
http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

Thierry