Mplayer output

Hi, d-u!

When I play a video from the command line (as a user rather than root) with mplayer, I get the following output:

*****************
MPlayer dev-CVS--3.3.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron Morgan,Camaro (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
MMX2 supported but disabled
3DNow supported but disabled
3DNowExt supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE
*****************

Is it reporting abut itself? Or what it's detected on the system, e.g. the kernel's support for the CPU? Or even the CPU itself?

It also complains about not being able to find the joystick and the infra-red control. I don't have either. I know I can stop it looking for them with

mplayer -nojoystick -nolirc

but that's a lot of typing.  Can I make that the default somehow?

I'd RTFM if I knew where to look and my Google skills seem to have gone with the heat...

I'm looking at other problems but until I can figure out what's going on enough to put it into words, I'll hold off on that.

System:
Linux Yewdales-lodge 2.6.8-3-686 #1 Thu May 25 02:27:57 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
Running Sarge with extras from backports.org and debian-multimedia.org
KDE 3.5.0

Thanks for the help and any further info needed, just ask.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.