Re: Update all the packages that depend on a particular package

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 02:19:28PM -0400, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> The last tr is useful so that I can do
>
> sudo apt-get install `above command here`
>
> Other wise I do not know how to pass the result to apt-get without any fancy
> scripts.

You can take a list of packages and do

for i in $(above command); do apt-get install $i; done

Or you could use xargs:

above command | xargs -i apt-get install '{}'

Though that might be a little tricky, and you might need to
use xargs -0. Fiddle with that a bit; it may help you.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org