Problems with internet connection via Aliant

Hi,

I've just moved from Montreal to Wolfville, Nova Scotia. In the process I switched ISPs, from Bell Sympatico to Aliant. They both use the same hardware, but I'm having problems with my net access with Etch. The modem is a Speedstream 6520, which I've connected to my desktop NIC. It's running fine for WindowsXP on the same machine, but when I'm running etch I get very slow connection, and I get 'problem loading page' errors most of the time. Email is ok, usually, but it too occassionally fails to connect to the servers for my POP3 account. I've tried shutting down Firestarte, but that doesn't make any difference.

As I said, this same set up was working no problems with Bell Sympatico just a week ago. Any ideas? I'd rather not spend too much time inside XP...

Thanks!

Tyler

--
Tyler Smith