Which Flash Drives Work with USB on a 6.5 Kernel?

	The subject is the question.  I presently have the mass
storage driver working perfectly with a 2.6.5 kernel and an
external USB hard drive.  Other than the slow speed of the
connection to the mother board, it doesn't miss a beat.

usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using address 3
  Vendor: Maxtor    Model: 5000LE v01.00.00  Rev: 0100
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: sda1
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi generic sg2 at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 3

	So, if I wanted to get one of the 2-gig flash drives one
can buy at Staples or similar places, are there any to avoid?
Some are advertised as coming with software to let one encrypt
the data.  I assume this is probably Windows-related software and
that it should fdisk, partition and mount normally under Linux
and that encryption is handled just like it is if you've got
anything from a floppy to a terabyte drive.

	One is said to work under Windows and Macos9.1 or higher
but most don't say anything other than it works with Windows,
etc.

	Many thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer