Re: Mount a CD-ROM automatically

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 13:26:26 -0300, Henrique Rennó wrote:
>Hello!!!
>
>I'd like to know if it is possible to mount a cd-rom automatically when
>I put a cd in the cd-rom drive without needing to type mount /mnt/cdrom
>for instance.
>
>Do I have to add some options to /etc/fstab instead of auto that tells
>to mount just at boot time??? Is there a module that should be
>installed and what could it be???

automount and autofs are options. IIRC they both automatically mount a
device in a specific directory when someone tries to access that
directory.

If you're running a GNOME desktop then gnome-volume-manager+pmount can
take care of it.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
     -- Benjamin Franklin