eth0: flipped to 10baseT appears on login prompt

I have just installed Debian 3.1 (sarge) on an
IBM Thinkpad 760E with the Debian installation floppies.

There's a 3com EtherLink III 3C589B PCMCIA adapter
and when the system boots and the login prompt appears
a message "eth0: flipped to 10baseT" appears twice
and messes up the login prompt. You can get the login
prompt displayed again by pressing enter and everything works.
So this is quite a minor issue.

I'm just wondering if I could get it to not mess up the
login prompt.

 Mikko Fallenius