Re: HP Printer and Pre-Rendering

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Chris Bannister wrote:

Which applications / which files? I posted about a similar problem
("man -t problem") on this list a few days ago. This was due,
apparently, to a (probably recent) bug in the "file" program,
which some printer drivers (input filters) use to detect the file
type. See also http://bugs.debian.org/file.

I my case the following worked: edit /etc/magic as root and add
the lines

 # PostScript, updated by Daniel Quinlan (quinlan@yggdrasil.com)
 0       string          %!              PostScript document text
 >2      string          PS-Adobe-       conforming
 >>11    string          >\0             at level %.3s
 >>>15   string          EPS             - type %s
 >>>15   string          Query           - type %s
 >>>15   string          ExitServer      - type %s

My print driver (Brother HL2030) uses "file". I do not know if
hpijs does. If it does not, the above solution will not work, of
course. But it may be worth a try.

Regards, Jan