Re: how to check whether a package has been installed

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 12:11:23PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> >On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:38:33 -0700
> >"Martin Paraskevov" <ze.marto@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>rpm lets you check whether a packege has been installed.
> >>is this possible to do with apt-get or some other tool as well?
> >>
> >>- martin
> >
> >dpkg -l | grep <package name>
> >
> Better:
>
> dpkg -l <package name>

Don't forget about using expressions with that, eg.: 'dpkg -l *latex*'
Most of you probably already knew that, but I thought I'd mention it as
I use it often ;)

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
If mathematically you end up with the wrong answer, try multiplying by