strange kde behaviour... bad use of backports?

Hi,
This is debian sarge.
I added backports to my sources, then i apt-updated, and then i installed backported koffice. After that, kde changed its overall look and feel and control center reports version 3.5.0, instead of the previous 3.2.x (i guess it was 3.2.2). The strange thing is that everything works ok, except that control center has only one icon inside, 'peripherals', and 'digital camera' inside it. Nothing more.
I had no idea installing koffice would upgrade my kde.

So, is there a simple way to have my 3.3.2 back? (this is not critical, though...)

Can control center display all those config icons, as usual?

Is it safe now to apt-get upgrade? I won't post the entire list of upgrades, but the last lines are:

358 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 762 not upgraded.
Need to get 327MB of archives.
After unpacking 214MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

really thanks!