Re: creating custom binary packages?

Kit Peters wrote:
I have a need to create my own .debs for a box at work, and I'd like to use precompiled stuff when I can. How do I create a custom .deb from a precompiled package, a la firefox or MySQL? I've looked at the New Maintainer's Guide (though perhaps not as in depth as I ought) and I didn't see anything there. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Kit Peters

If your package does not require pre- or post-install steps (or if you can do them by hand), then check out checkinstall.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto