Re: Restrict ssh logins

On 6/26/06, Lothar Braun <debian@lobraun.de> wrote:

Let's go:

Awesome.

bob with home directory /home/bob/
alice with home directory /nfs-share/all-homes/alice/

AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

in your sshd_config, sshd will look at /home/bob/.ssh/authorized_keys
and /nfs-share/all-homes/alice/.ssh.authorized_keys.

Got it.

AuthorizedKeysFile %u/.ssh/authorized_keys

will make sshd look at /home/bob/.ssh/authorized_keys
and /home/alice/.ssh/authorized_keys (and it won't find the
authorized_keys file from alice, because /home/alice doesn't exist)

Do we want for the last case:

AuthorizedKeysFile /home/%u/.ssh/authorized_keys ?

Best,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely