Re: multiple identities with mutt

also sprach Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> [2006.06.24.0816 +0200]:
>     Going back to 1998.  Doubt that you'll bring anything new to
>     the discussion since in the 8 years since the fundamental
>     problem (to my eyes) in mutt still exists as it is core to how
>     mutt works.

I have my mutt working in exactly the way you describe, and for each
"account", it's one file in ~/.mutt/profiles/. I use hooks, and
I use key bindings to muttprofile from within the app to switch
(though switching folders does the same). offlineimap takes care of
the different accounts. And for checking and navigating between
folders, I use buffy (not xbuffy).

Sure, it's a lot of configuration and highly tailored, but at least
I don't have to stick values into GUIs or sacrifice all the
flexibility that comes with mutt.

If the argument is 8 years old, btw, why didn't you start writing
a client, given that it apparently annoys or annoyed you so much?

`. `'`

perl -e 'print "The earth is a disk!\n" if ( "earth" == "flat" );'