Re: spell check problem in Evolution

Le samedi 24 juin 2006 à 22:32 -0500, Default User a écrit :
> Evolution won't spell check.
>
> :-(
>
> The settings/spell-check window has "enable" greyed out, and the box
> listing language dictionaries installed is empty. But ...
>
> I have ispell, iamerican, and wamerican, wamerican-large and even
> wamerican-small all installed (at least according to Synaptic).
>
> Any ideas?

Look at the "Suggests:" for evolution: they include "gnome-spell",
that's the package you need. By having a quick look at the "Depends:" of
gnome-spell, you'll notice that it's engine is aspell, not ispell, so
you need to install the aspell dictionaries for the languages you use
(an English dictionary will be installed by default).

Regards, T.