Re: Xorg Configuration in Etch

On 6/24/06, Charles Hallenbeck <chuckh@hhs48.com> wrote:
> which dpkg-reconfigure refuses to update.)

That's right. Except that Bill Jones just told me where I can download a
default copy. I did so, repeated my attempt to reconfigure after copying
the new xorg.conf to /etc/X11, and I get the same behavior. The

Is this an ATI or nVidia video card?  I do not use an xorg.conf file
on my ATI systems; however for nVidia systems the file I pointed you
to will work unless your xorg system is broken in some unknown way.

Did you simply try installing the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.Dell270_Master
file as /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?

Then Ctrl-Alt F7 and Ctrl-Backspace to see if the X Server starts up?

Also, if this is a brand new install did you try updating the drivers?
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade

???
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/