Re: Xorg Configuration in Etch

Willie Wonka wrote:
> Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> > > T wrote:
> > > where can I find the xorgcfg and/or xorgconfig in Etch?

> > What is really missing is a piece of documentation of how to set up
xorg
> > in debian.
> >
> > As said in my recent post, my dist-upgrade from sarge to etch went
fine,
> > except that I don't know how to tweak my x-configuration. I also
don't
> > know, where to look for it.

> This may be of some help;
> <http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg69To7>

and this too;
<http://www.mepislovers-wiki.org/index.php?title=Dpkg-reconfigure_xserver-xorg>

so 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' should do the trick - there's a way
(through the Priority option to make it also even ask for the most
low-priority settings)...something like adding a '-plow' option
appended to command before the <packagename>.

Ex:
'dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xorg'

see man(8) 'dpkg-reconfigure'  ...and man(7) 'debconf' for the
"priority" options

Regards