xdm source .bash_profile

Hello all,

I have been trying to make my X to source the .bash_profile in order to set my $PATH variable.

Looking around Debian reference document and googling about it, the trick was to
add in my ~/.bashrc the $PATH and export it.

Since ~/.bashrc is invoked by no login shell I don't really mind to use this trick.
But, I do mind that fact that I have duplicate information, $PATH is set in two files.

Thus, I was trying to fine a way to overcome this and use only the ~/.bash_profile by creating a executable file with name ~/.xession and put in that file only . ~/.bash_profile.
This didn't work and I tried to put #!/bin/bash --login at the beginning of the file but it didn't work either.

Any idea where should I look to get this done?

Cheers,
Pavlos