Re: lm_sensors procfs/sysfs problem

Lubos Vrbka wrote:

> Felipe Sateler wrote:
>> This happens on my system when I unload w83627hf (which is the module I
>> need for my chipset). Have you loaded the modules sensors-detect said you
>> should load? Adding the lines in /etc/modules doesn't automatically load
>> them (actually, yes, they are loaded automatically, but on next reboot).
> yes, they are loaded. i was instructed to load i2c_i801 and it shows in
> the lsmod output together with the i2c_core.

sensors-detect should have told you to load other drivers. For example, on
my system, sensors-detect says (in the summary):

To make the sensors modules behave correctly, add these lines to
/etc/modules:

#----cut here----
# I2C adapter drivers
# modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA I2C Device
# modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA I2C Device
# modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA I2C Device
i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
# no driver for Winbond W83L785R yet
eeprom
w83627hf
#----cut here----

See how sensors-detect told me I needed the w83627hf and eeprom modules, as
well as the i2c-isa module. The i2c-* modules are just the communication
layer which must be used in conjuction with (in my case) w83627hf and
eeprom to actually provide information. What is the output of
sensors-detect?

--

Felipe Sateler