Re: ati's fglrx 8.25.18 and sid

Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:35:45 +0200
Nicoco Kinlidex <nicoco@nospam.net> wrote:

hello,

i am trying to get latest ati's driver working under debian sid.
i downloaded them from ati's website as debian repository only offers 8.24.8 (which are working) i created debian packages from the .run file, installed fglrx-driver, fglrx-kernel-src, ran module-assistant.

$ dmesg
(...)
[fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 8.25.18 [May 18 2006] on minor 0
(...)

Xorg.0.log :
(...)
(II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull!
(...)
(II) fglrx(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) fglrx(0): Direct rendering enabled
(...)

as you see, everything looks fine except :
$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)

so I got back to 8.24.8 and everything works fine, EXCEPT google
earth, which was the reason of my trying to install this new version
of fglrx.

has anyone got them working or have an idea ?

thanks

--
Nicoco

See the thread "xorg 7 and ATI proprietary driver (fglrx)" from 19 June
for some clues.

i'm not sure that it is the same issue. as I said fglrx version 8.24.8 works fine and I'm using sid, not etch. I'll check in détails anyway

do you know if updating from 8.24.8 to 8.25.18 is planned for the official non free repositories ?

--
Nicoco