Re: Setting up InnoDB on MySQL on testing [Solved]

On 2006-06-23, Pooly wrote:
> 2006/6/23, Mertens Bram <bram-mertens@linux.be>:
> >I would like to use the InnoDB engine for a new database in MySQL.
> >
> >>From what I've found so far InnoDB support should be available in the
> >debian packages and all I need to configure it.
> >
> >Unfortunately I haven't found instructions on how to do so yet.  The
> >Mysql 5.0 documentation describes some parameters to set up in
> >/etc/mysql/my.cnf.  But even after adding these tables I create with
> >the InnoDB engine specified are still created as MyISAM.
> >
> >I'v found old messages saying you should uncomment some parameters in
> >my.cnf (like skip-innodb) but none of these appear in the my.cnf file.
> >
> >What do I need to be able to create InnoDB tables?
>
> The only option I have in my.cnf are :
> innodb_data_file_path=ibdata/ibdata1:50M:autoextend
> innodb_file_per_table
>
> and then, you need to restart MySQL.

Thanks

I added the following options (following the MySQL documentation):
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
innodb_buffer_pool_size=70M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=10M
innodb_log_file_size=20M
innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

This time I tried starting mysql with simply mysqld rather than
/etc/init.d/mysql start and noticed an error message about the size of
the log files.  Then I adjusted the innodb_log_file_size=20M to 5M
which appears to be the size of the log created during the
installation and everything is working as expected!

I shut the server down again using mysqladmin shutdown and restarted
with /etc/init.d/mysql start.

Thanks

Bram

--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens@linux.be>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.15-1-686    i686    1024MB RAM #