Re: Help - 'make' errors dealing with Kernel Source - all my kernel source code, old and new

Adam D wrote:
<snip>
> all give me this error:
>
>   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function 'exec_conf':
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: 'EINTR' undeclared (first use in this
> function) scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: (Each undeclared identifier
> is reported only once scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: for each
> function it appears in.) scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:488: error: 'EAGAIN'
> undeclared (first use in this function) make[1]: ***
> [scripts/kconfig/mconf.o] Error 1 make: *** [xconfig] Error 2
>

> Is this related to missing file or a conflict?  Or just simply something
> else...

This looks like 2 options: either the errno headers are wrong/missing, or
the kernel build script is buggy. I think it is the first. In my system
those identifiers are defined in /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h,
which is included in the linux-kernel-headers package. Please check if that
file exists, and defines both values.

--

Felipe Sateler