Re: Skype alternatives (was: sound proble for KsCD/Skype/xmms in Debian Sid)

Þann 2006-06-22, 00:14:37 (+0000) skrifaði Jason Spiro:
> All,
>
> I have problems with Skype too. Does anyone know of a good open-source
> VoIP program that will let me talk with my cousin in the U.S. who uses
> Windows? I believe both of us are behind firewalls. I prefer not to open
> up any ports, but am willing to; I do not think my cousin can. I am
> looking for a Linux app for me and an easy-to-use Windows app for my
> cousin.

Try out Asterisk, dont know if it works on windows or if it is good
(never tried it) :-)
Else you can find some overview here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software

Good luck