Re: no key strokes from remote console when no keyboard attached

Andrew Sackville-West schrieb:

>> So my question is: How can I "trigger" the keyboard driver to be active from the start even when no real keyboard was found?
>
> I don't do this, but it seems to me that the easiest thing is to
> compare which modules are loaded before and after the keyboard is
> plugged in. do an lsmod before and after to see which modules are
> loaded and them put them in /etc/modules to force them to load on
> boot. That's just a guess though...

This might be an option if I would had the keyboard driver as a module. But it is compiled in the kernel and I don't want to have module support in the kernel for other reasons. That's why I'm looking for a possibility to "activate" the driver or fake a present keyboard to the (already present) driver or someting like this.

Thanks anyway, Frank.