OOo2 from backports questions

I am running Sarge and Debian stock kernel 2.6.8-k7. I had been using OOo2 from OO.org, but it recently started giving me trouble when trying to save files. I had not done any upgrades, so there should not have been any difference. I took this as a sign that it was time to switch to the backports version. I uninstalled all openoffice* packages listed by 'dpkg-l | grep openoffice' and tried to install with:

sudo apt-get -u -t sarge-backports install openoffice.org openoffice.org-help-en

This said that it could not install openoffice.org because it depended on all of its components, and none of them were to be installed, so I changed my command to install the backports version with:

sudo apt-get -u -t sarge-backports install openoffice.org-core openoffice.org-writer openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-help-en

but it said that openoffice.org-core conflicted with openoffice.org-help-en. I removed the help package from the list and the install went just fine, except... I have no help files. I had asked about this on the list, previously, and was told that the backports version DOES contain the help files. What package are they in. Openoffice is just too large a package not to have its help files available. If I can't get them installed I will have to go back to the upstream packages.

BTW, trying to install openoffice.org-help-en-us-2.0.1 (as the earlier install of the base package suggested) also fails with the following error:

~$ sudo apt-get -u -t sarge-backports install openoffice.org-help-en-us-2.0.1
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package openoffice.org-help-en-us-2.0.1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package openoffice.org-help-en-us-2.0.1 has no installation candidate

Also, when I start openoffice with the ooffice command it says:

~$ ooffice
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

I have both j2re1.4 and j2sdk1.5 installed (as shown be dpkg) and they should provide Java Runtime (as shown by apt-cache show). How do I get OOo2 to recognize that I have java installed?

t$ dpkg -l
ii a2ps 4.13b-4.3 GNU a2ps - 'Anything to PostScript' converte
ii  aalib1         1.4p5-22       ascii art library
<SNIP>
ii sudo 1.6.8p7-1.4 Provide limited super user privileges to spe ii sun-j2re1.4 1.4.2+01 Java(TM) 2 RE, Standard Edition, Sun Microsy ii sun-j2sdk1.5 1.5.0+update06 Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition, Sun Micros
ii  sweep          0.8.3-1        An editor for sound samples

~$ apt-cache show sun-j2sdk1.5
Package: sun-j2sdk1.5
The Java(TM) 2 SDK is a development environment for building
applications, applets, and components that can be deployed on the
Java platform.
.
The Java(TM) 2 SDK software includes tools useful for developing and
testing programs written in the Java programming language and running
on the Java platform. These tools are designed to be used from the
command line. Except for appletviewer, these tools do not provide a
graphical user interface.
.
This package has been automatically created with java-package (0.24).

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail