Re: enable 1024 x 768 display resolution?.

Default User wrote:
Hello!
Is there an easy way to add display resolution 1024 x 768 to the
selectable choices from the screen resolution gui in Gnome?
When installing, I chose 800 x 600 as the maximum and default
resolution. This causes problems with some programs such as k3b and
kstars, which expect 1024 x 768 display resolution to use some of their
configuration screens. At 800 x 600, the bottom of said screen is not
displayed, including buttons like save/apply/cancel. Fun!
I suppose I could row through base-config to try to add it there, but I
I'd hate to trash something else in the process.
I am using Debian stable, Gnome desktop.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 should do what you want providing you have not edited the configuration file by hand. If you have follow the directions at the top of the configuration file to reset the md5sum.

HTH

Wackojacko