Re: Google Earth display problem

Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2006, David E. Fox wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:11:54 -0500
>> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Here is some relevant data from my system:
>> Is anyone else on the list trying googleearth with a Matrox G400 or
>> G450?
>>

> I have a Matrox G550; it doesn't run on that.
>
> On my laptop (Thinkpad) it does run, with various warnings about being
> slow and not finding the font it wants, but the resultant picture is
> considerably worse than that which I get from going directly to the
> site.

How well does the G550 support OpenGL?  (I was running the nv
driver, but installed the evil-closed-source-binary driver when I
downloaded G/E.)

http://earth.google.com/faq.html

    Graphics card requirement for Google Earth

        The 3D graphics capabilities of your machine have a lot to
        do with how well Google Earth performs. Google Earth will
        work on most graphics cards from the following
        manufacturers:

            * NVIDIA
            * ATI*
            * 3D Labs
            * Intel**
            * Matrox
            * S3

    * The following ATI cards are not supported: ATI Rage Mobility,
    ATI Xpert, ATI 3D Rage.
    [snip]
    Matrox card users must use the OpenGL version.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Is "common sense" really valid?