Re: xorg 7 and ATI proprietary driver (fglrx)

Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:16:15 -0700
Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:

Is it possible to make ATI proprietary driver fglrx work with the latest xorg packages?

Yes. I have fglrx working with xorg and the stock Debian 686 kernel in
an up-to-date sid installation.

The first thing you should do is ignore xorg and check whether the
fglrx kernel module can be loaded. What does 'modprobe fglrx' tell you?

  I removed drm from kernel and now the module is loaded:

jojda:/home/erik# lsmod | grep fglrx
fglrx                 462048  -

and even xorg log indicates that everything works, at least I think that's what this message means:

(II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull!

  but it's still not working, fglrxinfo says:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)

  any ideas?

	erik