Re: Google Earth display problem

Chris Bannister on 18/06/06 12:09, wrote:
On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 07:48:26AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
Google Earth is now available for Linux at http://earth.google.com.

I tried it on my Sid system and found (so far) two problems:

-- when the programs starts, it complains it cannot find the
   Bitstream Vera Sans font, although I have it installed.

Anyone not getting this error/warning?

I think I have all the right fonts but am still getting the
error/warning.

fc-list | grep -i bitstream
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Oblique
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Roman
Bitstream Charter:style=Bold Italic
Bitstream Charter:style=Regular
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Oblique
Bitstream Charter:style=Italic
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Bold
Bitstream Vera Serif:style=Roman
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold Oblique
Bitstream Vera Sans:style=Bold Oblique
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Roman
Bitstream Vera Serif:style=Bold
Bitstream Charter:style=Bold

I'm using a Radeon 9200 SE with the Linux (open-source) DRI
drivers (have to, because ATI does not seem to have a
proprietary driver for xorg 7.0). The openGL stuff seems to work
(at least, ppracer works OK; glxinfo says "direct rendering yes").

Any suggestions?
Is anyone with an nvidia card having troubles?

Fine here with an MX400. Although *very* slow on dial-up it does work!
and because it caches the data it is rendered fine on next visit to same
place instantly!. It does seem to crash now and then but I'm guessing it
is on dial-up.

Anyone else experiencing crashes?

It told me to update my driver, NVidia, which I might later. It then crashed about 3 times in the last 20 minutes. Received the font msg too.