Re: Google Earth display problem

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 15:17:31 +0200, LeVA wrote:
> 2006. június 17. 14:48,
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
> -> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> > Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> > > Google Earth is now available for Linux at http://earth.google.com.
> > >
> > > I tried it on my Sid system and found (so far) two problems:
> > >
> > > -- when the programs starts, it complains it cannot find the
> > >    Bitstream Vera Sans font, although I have it installed.
> > >
> > > -- the display behaves weirdly.

[...]

> > Is anyone with an nvidia card having troubles?
> I have googleearth running OK with an nvidia card, but I am having the font
> issue too; obviously it has nothing to do with graphics cards.

I don't know anything about the specific needs of Google Earth, but one
starting point would be to check if the Bitstream Vera Sans font is
known under this name to your X:

fc-list | grep -i bitstream

If you run a font server it might also be important to check

fslsfonts -s unix/:7100 | grep -i bitstream

(You have to change the "7100" if your font server uses a different
 port.)

--
Regards,
          Florian