Re: How to use sudo not root

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 21:50:39 +0200, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
[..]
>> %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL
>>
>> should do ... as they have in ubuntu
>
>What about group `wheel' ?

Historically in UNIX the group wheel has GID 0, in Debian that's the
root group.

>vipw.  Interesting.

You also have vipgr, visudo (already mentioned in the thread I believe),
and vidir :-)

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Some operating systems are called 'user friendly', Linux however is
'expert friendly'.