Ruby Docs

After running with Perl for some 7+ years I decided I would see what else is out there and my pick was to go from Perl directly to Ruby, passing Python entirely.

And so it's been an interesting adventure so far.

But I have two questions about Debian and Ruby and playing well together.

I've run into a number of modules (fcgi, dbi, dbd) which have no documentation when they are installed via the debian package system.

So my first question is this -- is this a Debian problem or an upstream problem?

Second, is there something like perl's dh-make-perl for Ruby?

Third, does gems have an assurance of bringing in these documents any better?