Re: windows in xen on intel core-duo?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 01:56:37PM +0300, Linas Žvirblis wrote:
>  1.4. Does Xen support Microsoft Windows?
>
>   The paravirtualized approach we use to get such high performance has
>   not been usable directly for Windows to date. However Xen 3.0 added
>   Intel VT-x support to enable the running of unmodified guest operating
>   systems, including Windows XP & 2003 Server, using hardware
>   virtualization technology. We are working on implementing support for
>   the equivalent AMD Pacifica technology.
>
> So it seems it is somewhat possible if you have the right hardware. Not
> that I know how to do it...

As far as I know though, this would have no ability to use the
system's graphics card and thus your only way to use Windows
graphically would be by VNC or similar approach, so forget about
playing graphics-intensive games and the like.  But I could be
wrong, as I have never looked into running Windows myself.

You would be better asking these questions on the xen-users list: