Re: Setting up email

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 08:42:50 +0200, Søren Christensen wrote:
>some weeks ago a had a fatal breakdown of my harddisk, I only managed
>to save user-data in /home partition.
>
>On a new computer I'm now setting email. During installation I
>specified smarthost, but I cannot send mail anyway.
>
>I recall something about entering a list of names in /etc/hosts that
>connects local users with their mail-adress
>
>Mail-adresses are not the same as user-name and this machines name.
>
>I have been  searching the archives, but didn't succeed.

Have you edited /etc/mailname?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as sophistication,
which is baffling--the incomprehensible should cause suspicion rather than
admiration.
     -- Niklaus Wirth