Re: google earth error (opengl error)

On 14/06/06, Surachai Locharoen <surachai@prachakij.com> wrote:

I run google earth for linux. And found the error below. I read in the
internet but not found suitable solution.

Do u have any suggestion?
I use i915 intel chipset.

ERROR!  sizeof(I830DRIRec) does not match passed size from device driver
libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
libGL error: InitDriver failed
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No

Sure. DRI isn't enabled. Check whether your kernel has the i915
module. And check that you are using the i810 Xorg/XFree86 driver,
depending on your distro, X etc.

Also, if you are using Xorg 7.0 on Debian (Etch or Sid), DRI is
broken, and I had to get the latest version at dri.freedesktop.org and
replaced the Debian package's vrsion, but I don't know whether that
bug still exists.

Kumar

--
Kumar Appaiah,