OT: deleting tables from mysql using wildcard

I have a lot of tables in a mysql database starting with "phpWeb"; I want to delete them. I can delete them one-by-one with a command like:

   drop table phpWebmod_modules;

Rather than trying to delete all 20-30 similar tables, a wildcard command would be really nice hear. I've been googling for the last couple of hours, and haven't found the solution. Yes, I've tried * and % and putting the names in single-quotes, as in

   drop table phpWeb%
   drop table phpWeb*
   drop table 'phpWeb*'
   drop table 'phpWeb%'