Re: Where does Debian store packages on my local disk drive...

Scott,

You're probably looking for /var/cache/apt/archives.  I've never tried
burning a CD from it and apt-getting, though.  I would guess that you'd
need to generate some meta-info first.  You'd essentially be creating
your own apt repository on a CD.

dpkg -i  would also work, though I've only used it for single packages.

--John