Re: ext3 or xfs for desktop laptop

On 13/06/06, Bob McGowan <bob_mcgowan@symantec.com> wrote:
*Important note*: grub "suffers" the same limits as the BIOS does. So
if your disk is large, you will need to create your boot partition *and*
the Linux root partition near the beginning of the disk.

I thank you kindly for both posts. They have been most informative. My question is regarding the first post (see above for context of question). My HD is 80GB. I assume this is large and therefore I must have the new intallation of XFS with seperate /boot at the begining of the drive. Why is this? What is the limitation GRUB and the BIOS suffer from?

Thanks much indeed.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.