Re: secure-testing.debian.net down?

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 02:28:40AM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > On May 12th, the testing security archive moved:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/05/msg00006.html
>
> <sigh> Thanks.  I wish there were a better way of distributing notice of
> these sorts of changes.  debian-devel-announce?  Er, sorry, I don't read
> that one.  I do subscribe to debian-security-announce, but there was nothing
> about the change there.  Also I notice that the Debian security pages are
> completely out of date about this-- they still say that there's no security
> support for testing.

Security support for Debian "stable" and Debian "testing" is provided by
different teams with separate mailing lists.

The debian-security-announce list is about "stable" security, while
secure-testing-announce@lists.alioth.debian.org deals with "testing"
security. The above announcement was actually sent to the latter, in
addition to debian-devel-announce - and it also contains instructions
for subscribing.

Apart from this announcement, however, the secure-testing-announce list
has been fairly quiet in recent months.  The testing security team
appears to follow a policy of "wait until fixed packages move into
testing through unstable", rather than "feed fixed packages into the
testing security archive by backporting the fix from unstable".
So one might argue that the Debian security FAQ accurately
describes the current state of testing security support.

regards,
Mirko