Re: sound proble for KsCD/Skype/xmms in Debian Sid

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 02:10:06PM +0800, Rocky Ou wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm using debian sid. When my laptop boot it gives some sound notification.
> The problem is that I could not use XMMS to play music directly. I got have
> to do alsaconf each time I boot the computer. The following is the output of
> alsaconf

I used to have this problem in sarge about a year ago.  Then one day it
just disappeared.  Then a month later it came back for a week or so and
it's never been back since.

I have no idea what was going on, but I suspect that the problem
appeared and disappeared in response to regular maintenance upgrades.

-- hendrik