/etc/rc5.d managed by webmin

Hi,
I'm managing start/stop script in /etc/rc5.d by webmin. Somehow i
succeded to brake my system. After installation, everithing wass working
fine. Than I stoped some services, which i considered unused, but than i
could not mount my USB stick and lost posibility to restart system from
gnome start menu. So now i'm trying to find out which services i need.
Do you know some documentation where i can see which servis is for what
and in which order should be run?
Becouse there is no good description of services. Also webmin is puting
all numbers for services to 99 and now my eth0 tries to go up before
network hardware is detected. Is webmin good for managing services?
I had also problem with shorewall after creating configuration with
webmin. On shorewall mailing list they told me that webmin is quite
behind shorewall and is not god for managment of shorewall.
Is webmin reliable for administration at all?
Thanks
    Dexter