Re: 2.6.15.1 kernel upgrade and DRI problem

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:40:13 +0200
Frank Blendinger <fb@intoxicatedmind.net> wrote:

> I had the same problem with a G400 and solved it by installing a 2.6.16
> kernel (debian package did it for me).

Thanks, Frank. I'll pursue that route.

One question, when you say "debian package did it for me") do you mean
just specifying "aptitude install linux-image-2,6-k7" or something
similar, you got 2.1.16? The reason I ask is that 2.6.15 is the latest
I see here via apt-cache. And of course, I want to be sure that'll get
the right thing and not some unspecified 2.6.x kernel.

I'll also do my aptitude update again to be sure.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.