Re: New DVD+-R/RW/RAM drive

So far it's okay. I was able to burn a CD and read it okay. (However cdrecord and cdrdao both have this thing about not recognizing the cd in the drive after burning; I needed to eject and reinsert the cd to get the cd to mount.) The DVD-RAM part works okay too though only if formatted with an ext2 partition. I tried ext3 but it didn't seem to work okay after formatting; it would do things like go into "overdrive" and then ignore everything I would do to get its attention. I still have to try writing standard DVDs but I don't expect problems at this point.

It is quite an attractive unit. I mount mine vertically which gave me a bit of a pause at first since it's a tray loading model. There are little lips in the tray to hold the disk.

The sbp2 driver has a few oddities that I am still getting used to.

jeff