Re: ext3 or xfs for desktop laptop

* David R. Litwin <presently42@gmail.com> [2006 Jun 08 00:26 -0500]:
> Hallo friendly list:
>
> I know that this is A: been done to death and D: really... shall we say, open
> ended.... But, I should dearly like to have the lists opinions on this.

In almost ten years of use, I've never lost any data due to any EXT2/3
problems.  I have been able to recover data from two hard drives that
crashed.  One just last week that crashed badly enough that I couldn't
do anything with it until I turned it upside down.  I did lose one file
from the home directory, one that is easily recoverable from the Wed.

I've lost much more data at work due to drive failure on Windows
machines that the admins could not recover (NTFS).

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"