Re: Is there a mailling list for package maintainers/developers?

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 01:40:57 -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:04:13PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

>> >Hi Scott,
>> >
>> >I think you would like to ask the "debian mentors"[0]. Their IRC
>> >channel used to
>> >be good providing support for new Debian maintainers. Unfortunately there's no
>> >official Debian development mailing list[1] only related to this topic.
>> >
>> >[0] = http://mentors.debian.net/
>> >[1] = http://lists.debian.org/devel.html
>>
>> Check out the mailing list as well:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/
>>
>Hi ,
>while not a mailing list, you can download and inspect some of the example packages in debian.
>apt-get install hello hello-debhelper
>I just remembered, the debian-women site is also a place to get packaging help (among other things)
>http://women.alioth.debian.org/

I strongly suggest reading an excellent document on that site:

 http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php/English/BuildingWithoutHelper

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of
enthusiastic about.
     -- Albert Einstein