Re: PalmOS devices conflict with the kernel image?

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 01:15:18PM -0700, Martin J. Hillyer wrote:

> Here's what I had to do.  Edit ~/.jpilot/jpilotrc and make sure it has
> the correct username entered, and note the port (mine is
> /dev/ttyUSB1).

You can do that from the J-Pilot Preferences, you don't need to modify the
file directly. Done.

>Everything else I left as-is.  Plug the Palm device in you can watch
> - /var/log/syslog to see if it connects to your Palm.

[snip]

That's exactly what it looked like when I could use Hotplug.  Now I just get
May 28 13:30:35 localhost kernel: usb 5-3.5: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 62
May 28 13:30:53 localhost kernel: usb 5-3.5: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 63

... where that final number keeps incrementing.
--
Carl Fink                                   carl@finknetwork.com
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your